The popular competition for startups returns. Jumpstart provides startups with an opportunity to pitch exciting and innovating new ideas for the chance to win mentors who will guide them through the business world for six months. We had four startups pitch at WSSBE 2017 with fantastic business ideas.
Jumpstart takes place during WSSBE, with candidates taking the stage to pitch for 5 minutes to a panel of business experts and a live audience for the opportunity to get a jumpstart in their business idea. With WSSBE’s ‘Small business. Big focus’, Jumpstart is the perfect platform for startups or small businesses with a new business idea.
Candidates need to demonstrate:
1. Finance Savvy – Know your numbers. Prove to the panel that your business will have good financial returns. Demonstrate a clear understanding of your business model
2. Industry Experience – Judges will be looking for ambitious but technical entrepreneurs with a track record of high performance in the industry or in prior companies they have worked for. Passion and commitment should be evident to inspire confidence.
3. Unique Idea – Your product or service needs to be unique. With evidence, prove to the panel that the market potential meets a need and is feasible enough to make investing worthwhile
4. Business Model – Present your current business model and prove that it will assist in your business becoming profitable
5. Market Size – Demonstrate an understanding of your target market and look at characteristics such as significant growth and limited competition.
The Jumpstart program is offered by Memphis Events (ABN: 87 925 828 385).
The program invites applications from people who have a new and unique business idea who believe they would benefit by participating in the program.
If you would like to be considered for the JumpStart program, complete the application form above.
The prizes offered are subject to change without notice.
The business idea must be an original idea of the applicant and not simply a desire to start a business where there is already a well-established market.
By submitting the form, candidates agree to a continued communication process with Memphis Events post-event. Applicants also agree to be involved in Jumpstart at WSSBE 2019.
Q : When and where is WSSBE 2018?
WSSBE 2018 is on Wednesday the 8th August from 9am to 4pm. The expo will be held in the Grand Pavilion at Rosehill Gardens.
Q : Can I just attend the expo and not the speaker sessions?
If you want to attend just the expo we have an Expo Only ticket which provides access to the expo for $19 (plus booking fees).
Q : What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Rosehill Gardens is situated approximately 10 minutes from the Parramatta CBD with free parking is available at the venue. Rosehill train station is located on the T6 Carlingford line. For the latest public transport information please visit transportnsw.info. For more information on getting to Rosehill Gardens, please click here.
Q: What if I can no longer attend WSSBE?
All WSSBE tickets are non-refundable. The organisers reserve the right to cancel or change the event date, time, line up and venue as required. Alternative dates and times may be issued to ticket holders at the discretion and decision of the organisers.
Q: How can I become a presenter/sponsor/exhibitor?
For more details on presenting, sponsorship or exhibition opportunities, please contact our team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
If you have any questions about the expo, you can email us anytime at email@example.com or call us on 02 9891 4107 on Mondays to Fridays between 9am and 5pm.
Q: I’m with the media, who should I contact?
If you would like to cover WSSBE in a media capacity, please contact our PR team, Freedom Agency on 0452 507 662 or email our PR representative Alexandra de Jong at firstname.lastname@example.org.